Texas State University Athletics dept is seeking applications for an Administrative Assistant. Position is expected to last about 6 months but could be temp to hire for the right candidate.
This position will provide administrative and clerical support to the Athletics Business Office and the Baseball, Softball, Soccer, Tennis and Men’s and Women’s Golf sport programs.
- Screen and transfer calls
- Type and proofread correspondence, forms and spreadsheets
- Organize and prioritize workload
- Prepare purchasing and travel documents
- Enter purchase requisitions and payment requests in SAP
- Assist with new vendor set up
- Distribute completed purchase orders
- Receive and process invoices
- Complete p-card statements
- Understand and adhere to university, department, NCAA and conference policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel
- Demonstrated effective customer service skills
- Ability to provide clear, concise written and verbal information
- Ability to maintain detailed records and files
- Ability to prioritize workload and adjust as necessary
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret general university and department policies and procedures
- Prior work experience as an administrative assistant
- Prior work experience in an athletic department is preferable
Pay rate: $15-18/hour
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri/8am-5pm