Texas State University is currently seeking a Temporary Security Camera Installer/Maintenance Worker. Position is temporary for about 6-9 months. This employee will provide installation, maintenance and support of security camera systems and related equipment.
Pay rate: $25/hr
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week
- Install, modify and maintain campus video system hardware.
- Install and maintain various companion operating systems and server platforms.
- Identify and troubleshoot maintenance issues.
- Utilize electronic test equipment, hand tools, and network IP equipment in relation to the installation and maintenance of camera systems.
- Handle the installation of cabling and device setup and wiring.
- Dress, terminate, and test cables and components.
- Install and repair IP Cameras in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot system installations to ensure proper function.
- Perform Service and Installation of Access Control and CCTV systems.
- Evaluate, diagnose, troubleshoot and perform repairs as necessary.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experienced in access control and security camera systems installation, maintenance.
- Previous experience with access control, CCTV installations
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly and diligently.
- Ability to complete tasks according to schedule and communicate with all stakeholders accordingly.
· Strong communication skills.
· Familiarity with hand and power tools.
· Ability to handle physical workload (i.e. able to lift at least 50 pounds).