A manufacturing company is currently seeking a Quality Technician III to join their team!
Pay rate: Depending on experience
Work Schedule: (2nd shift) Mon-Fri/3pm-11pm
- Perform First Piece and In-Process inspections.
- Perform receiving inspection including testing of Raw Material
- Responsible for maintaining (cleaning, alerting Quality Technicians if gauge is damaged) customer check fixtures/gauges.
- Support calibration cycles on all affected test equipment.
- Lead in Variable and Attribute Gauge Studies
- Communicates to Production Supervisors, Team Leaders, Quality Tech I’s and the Quality/Production Control Manager regarding quality concerns.
- Places Suspect and non-conforming Product On-Hold and assist with disposition.
- Ensures Suspect Product is segregated from Good Product in MRB.
- Audit process documentation (Production Inspection Sheets) for accuracy and completeness
- Assist Supervisors and Technicians with interpretation of Quality specifications and product quality requirements.
- Complete and maintain required Quality documentation/reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three or more years in a manufacturing environment with quality experience required.
- Automotive Tier one TS 16949 experience is a plus.
- Practical application of Lean Manufacturing principles is also a plus.
- Be able to stand, walk, bend & twist for up to 8 hours and able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to work independently (self-directed)
- Proven experience in managing multiple tasks.
- Proven experience as a member in a cross-functional team environment
- Thermoplastic processing experience
- Reading and writing skills adequate for following written instructions and completing required documentation.
- Ability to make decisions and communicate to the appropriate personnel.
- Ability to interpret Blueprints and specifications
- Ability to use hand held measurement equipment (i.e. Calipers, Micrometers, Scales, Tape Measure, Check Fixtures, Pin Gauges)
- Ability to use Variable and Attribute Gauges and interpret the results
- Ability to use Test equipment
- Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel Outlook, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills