A manufacturing company located in Kyle, TX is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to join their team!
Pay rate: DOE
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri/8am-5pm
This employee is responsible for consistent quality of manufacturing and distribution product and processes by developing, supporting, and implementing good manufacturing practices, validating processes, and providing applicable documentation of product conformance. Liaison with external parties on quality matters.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to the organizational plans and reviews.
- Prepares and completes action plans
- Implements quality and customer service requirements
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves problems
- Conducts internal and external audits and assessments
- Conducts product inspections and tests including receiving, in process, final, and first article inspection (FAI) in accordance with planned criteria
- Manages and maintains calibration process
- Manages control of nonconformances, both product and process, identifying and addressing root cause(s) when required]Performs and implements corrective action, using 8D protocol, and continuous improvement of processes]
- Collects, analyzes, and reports on failures and scrap
- Collects, coordinates, and provides reports and charts in support of Management Review
- Understands basic quality system concepts
- Familiar with ISO quality standards
- Able to interpret and understand engineering drawings and specifications
- Able to use measuring instruments including calipers; micrometers; height, depth, and plug gages; and other precision shop tools.
- Understands process improvement methods
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Self-motivated, team oriented individual with keen attention to detail
- Experience with ISO 9001 and AS9100 quality standards
- Mechanical/Electronic engineering background/experience
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Working knowledge of IPC 610, 620, and J-STD-001 soldering standards
- Proficient in Windows/Microsoft Office computer environment