Seeking a Production Operator to start asap for a company located in Bastrop, TX.
Employee is responsible for performing assembly operations of a repetitive nature on mechanic and electro-mechanical components and subassemblies; setting up jobs; packing products and other production support related duties as required.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Reads process sheets and assembles boards and units for standard and custom orders.
- Assembles door management security products using various parts, such as, electronic components, printed circuit boards, covers, plates, boxes, screws, nuts, and wires.
- Operates and uses various machines, hand tools, small power tools, voltage meters and testing equipment to assemble and test product.
- Strips and wraps wires.Solders parts and wires to units.Inserts small component parts and/or wiring into printed circuit boards.
- Maintains and sets up work area.
- Packages product and prepares for shipping.Maintains departmental records and logs.
- Works from samples, simple drawings and blue prints as well as written and verbal instructions.
- Follows safe working practices and properly wears personal protective equipment as required.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- HS diploma/GED required or equivalent combination of education or work experience
- Previous soldering experience
- PCB skills/familiarity
- Follows established guidelines or procedures in performing essential job functions.
- Working conditions are primarily in an enclosed manufacturing facility with temperatures controlled by central heat and air conditioning.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to use hand tools and small power tools, including soldering iron
- Ability to read and work from basic blueprints and drawings
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to distinguish colors for color coding practices
- Ability to perform detailed repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time
- Physical requirements include carrying/lifting 20 to 30 lbs and pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs
Work Schedule: Monday – FridayHours: 8am-5pm