A manufacturing company located in New Braunfels, TX is currently seeking a Production Lead to join their team!
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri/7:00am-3:30pm
Pay rate: $12/hour
- Assembles mechanical and electro-mechanical boards, parts, hardware and other door management security products using various parts, such as, electronic components, PC boards, covers, plates, boxes, screws, nuts, and wires.
- Operates and uses machines, hand tools, small power tools, voltage meters and testing equipment to assemble and test product.
- Reviews work orders and ensure appropriate level of materials, tools, equipment and resources are available for production functions.
- Reads process sheets and assembles boards and units for standard and custom orders.
- Works from samples, sample drawings, blue prints, schematics, as well as written and verbal instructions. Packages product and prepares for shipping.
- Serve as the lead worker in the production/assembly activities listed above.
- Provides training and assistance to production staff.
- Completes in-process-inspection to ensure production process is as defined in the production work instructions. Puts product on hold/containment for any issues identified.
- Documents and reports all discrepancies between the product and the written specifications per procedures to supervisor and quality immediately.
- Enters daily scrap for inventory control and to for improvement analysis.
- Maintain appearance standards, presence and professional communication skills and ensures employee needs are met: time off request reviewed and timely responses to requests/concerns to ensure a high level of employee dignity and respect.
- Ensure daily communication with each employee a minimum of twice per day. Ensure equal attention among team members to avoid perception of differential treatment.
- Maintain appropriate tools and resources available to employees so they are successful.
- Report building, equipment sanitation, OSHA, and Safety concerns immediately.
- Responsible for assigned production area oversight, efficiency, productivity, accountability and production as needed. Elimination of loitering of all personnel.
- Ensure production efficiency and effectiveness to minimize backlog to meet business objectives and increase profitability.
- Monitor assigned team members attendance and performance: Document and report assigned team members policy/procedure violation(s) and/or performance deficiencies timely and follow thru with support for applicable and appropriate corrective action.
- Timely and accurate reports: Production productivity, purchase parts shortages, backlogs and inventory needs, maintenance needs, etc.….
- Ensure assigned production work orders are followed. Run what is scheduled to run. Communicate any deviations immediately.
- Begin shift production on time consistently and report delays immediately.
- Shift Production Ownership; efficiency and effectiveness of each assigned area with accuracy of items produced daily.
- Collaborate with Quality Auditor to ensure all production output meets work instruction specifications to eliminate product variances, waste and customer complaints.
- Continuous improvement demonstrated in production output and building sanitation.
- End shift on time consistently and report production delays and production quality concerns and variances immediately to management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate and two years’ experience in a manufacturing/assembly environment.
- Mechanical aptitude and skills using hand tools, small power tools and soldering iron
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, prints and engineering documentation.
- Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations and use of excel.
- Ability to distinguish colors for color coding practices
- Attentive to detail with good planning time management skills, and willing to assume a variety of production/assembly related tasks.
- Be willing to work weekend hours, and overtime as required.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or frequently.
- Work involves frequent periods of standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning and reaching; bending at the waist. Indoor/ out-door work environment.