Priority Personnel is seeking a Plant Supervisor/Operator for a company located in San Marcos, TX.
This employee, under the supervision of the Director of Operations,operates various production machines and verifies the machines are running properly and safely. Position is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all production machines. Position will oversee and direct the work of the other plant employees. In addition to operating the equipment and supervising the plant employees, the employee will assist with the coordination of daily plant activities such as ordering raw materials. Operates batch plant for material used in manufacturing of insulated concrete block. Manage controls to weigh and mix aggregate, cement, and water to produce lightweight concrete that conforms to processing specifications. Manage controls to produce consistent, quality blocks. May be required to troubleshoot and repair machinery repair.
Pay rate: $21-26/hour
- Operate and observe machines while running; make adjustments as needed.
- Ensure that all products meet quality requirements; take samples and test as necessary; inform proper personnel of any quality problems that need resolving.
- Ensure all equipment is working properly; complete all required reports timely and accurately; inform proper personnel of any equipment or facility problems that need resolving.
- Ensure all equipment continually remain in safe and efficient operating condition; monitor all preventative and regular maintenance on vehicles and equipment. Maintain adequate levels of all supplies and products.
- Maintain accurate and current reports as required.
- Oversee and direct the work of other pant employees
- Maintain accurate time keeping and personnel scheduling records.
- Ensure that all company safety regulations and policies are followed.
- Ensure that all company environmental regulations and policies are followed.
- Thorough knowledge of concrete batching technology, equipment, methods and safety is required.
- Manufacturing production equipment experience required.
- Working computer knowledge; including applicable Microsoft software.
- Training and ability to operate a forklift.
- Mechanical repair, including but not limited to use of hand tools, power tools, and welding equipment.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Candidate must have a minimum 2 to 3 years concrete batching experience
- Concrete block manufacturing experience a plus.