A local national electronics distributor is currently seeking a Phone Technical Support employee.
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri/8am-5pm
Pay rate: $16/hour
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide daily support to users of various computer systems including answering questions, analyzing problems, and quickly forming solutions to ensure proper operation of company products.
- Provide technical and sales customer support services for security products over the phone and electronically.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with end users, colleagues, and management to quickly resolve issues and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Increase personal technical knowledge by reading trade publications, operating manuals, and diagnostics information, and attending conferences or seminars.
- Routinely observe operational performance and install of security product and updates when necessary to increase product knowledge and technical skills.
- Maintain detailed records of daily interactions with customers, installation activities, reported issues, and completed solutions along with any further actions required of management, returns, replacements or repair personnel.
- Develop training manuals and troubleshooting procedures to help both support personnel and end users interact properly with security products.
- Reads and works with drawings, process sheets, operations manuals, schematics and work orders.
- Test and repair electronic boards, parts, hardware and other manufactured security products using hand tools and power tools and machinery.
- Ship product parts under warranty and for repairs or lost items to customers
- Attends, sets-up demos and actively participates during tradeshows.
- Provides on-site/off-site product training to vendors, sales dealers, staff, etc…
- Maintains logs and reports; customer phone, repair, inventory logs/reports ect…
- Evaluates and critiques installation instructions and new products for continuous improvement and communicates identified opportunities to supervisor.
- Follows established procedures, work instructions and operational controls implemented by Detex to comply with all applicable legal requirements
- Follows safe working practices and properly wears personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Associates degree in electronics and/or help desk support technician with windows desktop certification (MSCDST Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) and three-years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and/or related experience and willingness to learn through on-the-job training.
- Knowledge of electronic principles, concepts and testing procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Knowledge Tree, Windows, VM Ware
- Skill in using electronic testing equipment, measuring devices and small hand tools
- Skill in trouble shooting electronic and hardware products
- Skill in performing mathematical calculations
- Be willing to work weekend hours, and overtime as required.
- Bilingual; English/Spanish, preferred.
Apply online at prioritypersonnel.com or call 512-392-2323.