An educational facility is currently seeking a Medical Call Center Clerk/Receptionist for their Health Center. Position is long term temporary.
Work Schedule: Mon/Wed/Fri 8:00 am-5:00 pm, Tu/Thu 9:00 am-6:00 pm
Pay rate: $12-13/hour
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Answer high volume of calls to the SHC appointment line.
- Schedule appointments in appropriate slots according to written guidelines.
- Assist callers with questions about services, hours, portal, appointment types, etc.
- Screen calls and take messages or transfer as appropriate per guidelines.
- Make appointment reminder calls.
- Provide excellent customer service that is welcoming and inclusive. Be helpful but efficient with each call. Average call length time should be in line with group average.
- Actively work to resolve complaints and disputes. Escalate call to appropriate staff if needed.
- Contribute positively to team. Log onto computer and phone system at scheduled time. Comply with scheduled shift. Work with other team members to fill in for absences as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times. Protect patient health information. Only access minimum necessary information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer service experience
- Experience scheduling appointments
- Minimum of 1-year experience using EMR (Electronic Medical Record)
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work in a high volume, stressful environment
- Previous medical scheduling experience or medical receptionist experience