Texas State University is currently seeking a Temporary Medical Assistant to work during this upcoming Fall semester.
Hours vary:: M, W, & F/8am-5pm, T & Th/8am-6pm
Pay rate: $14-16/hour
- Assist with preparing patients to be seen by provider including: taking vital signs, obtaining pt. weight, patient history, and documenting in the electronic medical record.
- Clean and prepare exam rooms
- Assist provider with medical procedures
- Perform EKGs, administer medication, and assist with other procedures as needed.
Applicants MUST meet all of the required job qualifications or they will be disqualified.
Certified Medical Assistant Required Qualifications:
- Current Medical Assistant Certification
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (CPR) certificate, or must obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Dependable: good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer experience including use of Microsoft Office and documentation in an electronic health records
- Background check and drug screening.
Certified Medical Assistant Preferred Skills:
- 3+ years working as a medical assistant in a medical clinic