Priority Personnel is Now Hiring a Material Handler for a company located in New Braunfels, TX.
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri/7:00am-3:30pm
Pay rate: $13.50/hour
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Loads and unloads trucks, receives raw materials and products, and picks, packs, wraps, labels, and/or ships products.
- May maintain shipping and receiving logs and ensures that incoming and outgoing products and material are in good condition and accurate counts.
- Moves raw materials to the production area and moves finished products to inventory.
- Moves materials to the production area. Replenishes materials as needed.
- Maintains the cleanliness, organization and safety of the warehouse/inventory.
- Maintains organization of inventory, inventory control, and product knowledge.
- Interacts with various departments in the performance of their duties.
- Controls costs by ensuring materials and products are safety stored, accounted for and delivered to the proper customers as needed.
- Verifies and pulls customer sales orders from warehouse stock.
- Packs customer sales orders in appropriate packing material and shipping containers.
- Prepares freight bills and other shipping documents for customer sales orders using manual and electronic equipment.
- Calculates shipping costs based on freight requirements and customer requests.
- Checks and verifies materials received for damage and notes on shipping documents.
- Process mail using US postage machine daily.
- Operates forklift, pallet jack, aerial lift and/or hand truck to move stock or material to or from shipping area or supplier’s vehicle as needed.
- Unpacks, checks, and verifies materials received against packing list and reports discrepancies and/or damaged goods.
- Operates computer to receive materials and query part information.
- Stocks materials in assigned bin location and observes date code requirements as well as any first-in/first-out (FIFO) requirements and participates in cycle counts.
- Provides general information regarding shipped and/or received materials, inventory, supplies and all materials.
- Effectively communicates with freight company for pickup and delivery of materials and product. Effectively communicates with other department staff as needed.
- Follows safe working practices and properly wears personal protective equipment as required. Must wear safety belt any time forklift is in motion.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate and one-year related experience in a related shipping/receiving environment. Forklift driver certification preferred.
- Forklift certification and show proof of competency in safely operating forklift, aerial lift, pallet jack and other required shipping equipment preferred.
- Willingness and ability to obtain and maintain forklift driver certification.
- Be attentive to detail, have good planning, time management skills, and be willing to assume a variety of tasks to keep the warehouse functioning. Prior experience with manufacturing assembly, handwork or packing preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform shipping, receiving and inventory control procedures.
- Skill in performing basic mathematical calculation and filing and organizing material.
- Skill in operating office equipment, including personal computer for data entry, order searches, email, web searches (mail, UPS, FedEx etc.…).
- Ability to maintain records, documents and compile and organize reports.
- Ability to operate postage equipment and manual and electronic shipping equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret shipping orders and shipping/receiving invoices.
- Skills in effectively listening and communicating verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Be willing to work weekend hours, and overtime as required.
- Valid Texas driver’s license required.
Apply online at prioritypersonnel.com.