A global manufacturing company located in San Marcos, TX is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join their team.
The maintenance technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install troubleshoot, repair and maintain the facility and operations equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment. Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- May require to be on-call at times and to occasionally work during non-standard business hours.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience: Minimum 3 years manufacturing maintenance experience in diagnosis and repair of hydraulics, pneumatics, HVAC, electrical, and electronics.
- Education: High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education, and production maintenance experience
Work schedule: Mon-Fri/8:00am-5:00pm
(Schedule may need to be adjusted daily/weekly to accommodate company needs. Some night or weekend work may be necessary for specific projects or breakdowns)
Salary: Depending on experience