Do you have supervisory skills? Priority Personnel is hiring a Field Crew Party Chief for a surveying company located in San Marcos, TX.
Pay rate: $18-22/hour
Work Schedule: Field crews report early at 6:30am. They typically work 8-10 hour days so OT is likely. In busy summer months, could be longer. They must take a mandatory 30 minute lunch break each day. Crews are affected by the weather so if it is raining, the crews may be unable to work as the instruments can’t get wet.
- Must be able to complete the duties of Rodman and/or Instrumentman.
- Measuring distances on a variety of structures and relaying the data to crew.
- Reading and utilizing subdivision plats and field notes to search for property corners.
- Utilization of proper techniques in the use of prism poles, level rods and other equipment necessary in the performance of the job to ensure data is accurately collected.
- Making field notes and drawing field sketches that properly reflect field conditions at the time of the survey.
- Planning and performing of various job scopes, ensuring that projects are correctly completed in the most precise and economically manner using the resources provided by the company and under the direction of their supervisor’s.
- Training their subordinates in the performance of their duties utilizing their own experience, knowledge and any resources provided by the company.
- Must be able to work in varied environmental conditions.
- Must be able to perform the physical tasks as necessary to complete the jobs as set out by their supervisors.
- Must have excellent communication skills and penmanship to ensure instructions and field data are properly relayed between the crew. Must be detailed-oriented.
- Must be skilled at performing a survey with minimal direction from their supervisors and be able to direct co-workers in the proper procedures necessary to perform their duties.
- Skilled in the use of all conventional surveying equipment.
- Must have solid understanding of procedures used to verify that equipment is in proper adjustment, such as how to peg their levels, and check their total station to a baseline.
- Capable of utilizing the various functions of the different data collectors, such as locating points by using the various offset methods, inversing between located points, and how to use the collector when traversing to other points.
- Must have a strong understanding of surveying related mathematics and be capable of utilizing various trigonometry and geometry formulas in the field to properly re-establish boundaries and in the staking and setting out of any proposed improvements.
- Full comprehension of the various scopes set forth by the company and be capable of relating field data to the office in a clear and complete manner.
Education & Experience:
- 2+ Years experience in the field as a surveyor
Apply online at prioritypersonnel.com or call 512-392-2323.