Extrusion Operators (days & nights) for a Seguin manufacturer.
- Perform routine operations required to set up, operate and adjust multiple polyethylene blown film extrusion lines with conveying and winding equipment to produce integral zipper plastic tubing.
- Work from prescribed production goals and standards, schedules, manuals, detailed specifications, consultations with bag department, shift leadership, maintenance, purchasing and others.
- Ensure the availability of raw materials and other requirements and requisition needed items.
- Assist in the selection and training of new team operators.
- Relieve team members during lunches and breaks and provide technical assistance to others as needed.
- Work with shift supervisor and team members to establish team production, scrap and quality goals and ensure completion.
- Perform simple calculations for daily production totals and quality results.
- Maintain necessary production, quality and equipment records.
- Ensure quality of product and conformance to extremely close tolerances by auditing various quality tests using a variety of electronic machines and visual inspections.
- Evaluate extent of deviation from specifications and assist in making decisions to perform correct machine adjustments or shut down line and scrap defective product.
- Perform routine die changes, changeovers, string – ups, shutdowns and startups.
- Troubleshoot difficulties in all areas, perform minor mechanical repairs and adjustments and report mechanical or electrical problems to the maintenance department.
- Use shadowgraph machine, electronic micrometer, chantillon machine, slitter, ruler and various hand tools.
- Operate electric lift table and pallet jacks.
- Adhere to company policy as well as prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Ensure good housekeeping of work areas and equipment.
- Fill out skid tickets and move materials as necessary in performance of duties or as directed.
- Operate up to two inline print presses in conjunction with other machines.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of print presses.
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Previous machine operator experience a plus, but not required (company will train operators)
- Previous manufacturing or related experience required
- Must have basic math skills sufficient to work with measurements, fractions, and measuring tools
- Must be mechanically inclined enough to perform routine adjustments and minor maintenance to machines
- Great attention to detail and ability to identify quality issues
- Must take ownership in work performed and work well without supervision
- Must very dependable and punctual
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Work 12 hour shift
- Willing to work 2-2-3 schedule with scheduled day/night rotation
Hourly rate: Conversion $12.00/hour ($1.00 night differential)
Hours: Mon-Fri/ 6:45am-7:00pm or 6:45pm-7:00am