A company located in Kyle, TX is currently seeking an Events and Communications Coordinator.
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri/8am-5pm (Periodically work outside of normal work hours, including some evenings and weekends)
Pay rate: $14/hour
Event Planning Responsibilities:
- Responsible for meeting planning and coordination, including contract negotiations, promotion, logistics, and on-site management.
- Work with CEO to develop and monitor event budgets. All events shall result in additional revenue.
- Create marketing collateral for events as needed, ads as needed, other supportive materials
- Staff liaison to the event committees
- In conjunction with the CEO, act as the liaison between the client and event vendors and partners by creating marketing strategies, developing new contracts and monitoring existing contracts.
- Develop marketing plan for each event.
- Work with media for event coverage and community awareness.
- Answering of phones/emails and responding to promptly and accurately.
- Ensure that leads are responded to from the website and other social media sites.
- Refer individuals to appropriate persons, businesses, or government that are seeking information or looking to establish a business within Kyle and/or the surrounding area.
- Maintain and update accurate records and databases of and for members, prospective members and Board of Directors.
- Provide general staff support as needed to all events and meetings.
- Assist in overseeing duties of the staff, volunteer staff, and intern by following up on projects to ensure completion.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Visitor Center Responsibilities:
- Greeting visitors and providing information and materials as requested by the general public, prepare and maintain relocation and tourism packages.
- Ensure that the visitor’s center is maintained (member’s brochures, area attraction brochures, papers, bulletins, etc.)
- Maintain and oversee a log of the types of request that are received from walk-ins, phone, and e-mail (oversee interns – make sure these recordings are taking place).
- In conjunction with the CEO, develop quarterly report to include tourism/visitor activity, promotion, and finances.
- Ensure that leads are responded to from the website, such as information requests, relocation and tourism packet requests (distribute to appropriate staff to respond – prepare packets and mail).
- Refer individuals to appropriate persons, businesses, or government that are seeking information or looking to establish a business within Kyle and/or the surrounding area, and are in need of services.
- Assist in maintaining and oversee a log of the types of request that are received from walk-ins, phone, and e-mail (oversee interns – make sure these recordings are taking place).
Marketing & Communications Responsibilities:
- Assist in creating marketing collateral needed, ads as needed, other supportive materials
- Assist in press release preparation and distribution.
- Prepare and maintain weekly newsletter emailed to entire membership (shared with office manager)
- Assist members with their banner ad development when needed.
- Compose, schedule, and update social media posts and announcements.
- Assist in keeping an inventory of all office supplies and prep orders as needed (orders are approved by Supervisor).
- Assists in preparing for events and meetings including but not limited to, monthly membership meetings, annual functions and committee events.
- Has the ability and willingness to work cooperatively in a team effort with other volunteers/interns/staff, members and organizations in the course of daily activities.
- Develops and maintains positive public relations with emphasis on customer service.
- Assist in overseeing duties of volunteers, follow up on projects, and ensure completion
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other photo editing and graphic design software.
- Business English, including proper grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Computers and computer applications including spreadsheets, databases, word, processing, photo editing, graphic design
Apply online at prioritypersonnel.com.