A local national electronics distributor is currently seeking a Technical Support/Help Desk employee. This employee support customers over the phone with software, mechanical and electronic products, this new hire will be responsible for software support and cross trained on the electronic and mechanical products.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides technical and sales customer support services for security products over the telephone and electronically including special applications, EasyKits, competitor cross reference support, guard tour verification and access control software, etc.
- Create a draft point to point application wiring diagram for special applications and Easy Kits including confirmation of operations.
- Help resolve product related issues including follow through to determine root causes with documentation on a resolution to prevent the price of non-conformance.
- Reviews and works with installation instructions for new and existing products.
- Tests and repairs electronic boards, parts, hardware and other manufactured security products using hand tools and power tools/machinery.
- Ships product parts under warranty and for repair/lost items to customers.
- Travels to customer’s location to install and repair security hardware products.
- Designs demos and creates bill of material for demo products.
- Reads and works with blue prints, process sheets, operations manuals, schematics and work orders.
- Attends and sets-up demos for tradeshows.
- Provides on-site and off-site product training to vendors, sales dealers, staff, etc.
- Maintains logs and reports, such as customer phone logs and repair inventory reports.
- Evaluates and critiques installation instructions and new products.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in electronics and/or help desk support technician with windows desktop certification (MSCDST – Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) and 3 years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and/or related experience.
- Knowledge of electronic principles, concepts and testing procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Knowledge Tree, Windows, VM Ware
- Skill in using electronic testing equipment, measuring devices and small hand tools
- Skill in trouble shooting electronic and hardware products
- Skill in performing mathematical calculations
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay rate: $15.50/hour