Conversion Machine Operators (days & nights) for a Seguin manufacturer.
- Performs routine operations required to operate and adjust multi-lane bag machines with autopak equipment to produce plastic bags from blown tubing.
- Work from specific team leader / supervisor instructions, standard operating procedures and precise product specification sheets in the routine operation and adjustment of multiple bag machines running multiple products.
- Perform set ups and changeovers based upon prescribed procedures and production demand.
- Use ruler, retractable knifes, hook knifes and various hand tools.
- Once qualified operate pallet jack and fork lift as assigned.
- Perform Quality tests on finished product to insure quality of product and conformance to specified tolerances. Areas inspected include: length and width, preseal location and quality, side seals, perforation or slitting, bundle count and overall appearance.
- Perform leak audits according to standardized procedures and perform simple calculations to record results.
- Make routine machine adjustments to correct minor deviations from tolerance.
- Diagnose routine problems, detect cause and perform required machine adjustments.
- Detect and report faulty equipment, unusual conditions and defective material to team leader / supervisor.
- Weigh scrap according to prescribed procedure.
- Move materials as necessary in the performance of duties or as directed.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed Safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, directed or in accordance with designated responsibilities.
- Train temporary personnel and others to perform routine operations required to operate and adjust multi-lane bag machines with autopak equipment to produce integral zipper bags from blown tubing.
- Operate up to two conversion machines as required with a Packer.
- Covers teammates during breaks.
- Previous machine operator experience a plus, but not required (company will train operators)
- Previous manufacturing or related experience required
- Must have basic math skills sufficient to work with measurements, fractions, and measuring tools
- Must be mechanically inclined enough to perform routine adjustments and minor maintenance to machines
- Great attention to detail and ability to identify quality issues
- Must take ownership in work performed and work well without supervision
- Must very dependable and punctual
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
Hourly rate: Conversion $12.00/hour ($1.00 night differential)
Hours: Mon-Fri/ 6:45am-7:00pm or 6:45pm-7:00am