A company located in San Marcos, TX is currently seeking Communications Specialist.
Pay rate: $22/hour
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri/8am-5pm
1. Primary duties include:
- Writing, designing, editing and disseminating news releases, brochures, newsletters, calendars, electronic publications, reports, and correspondence with the media and the public.
- Coordinates media relations with local, state and national media, including print, online, radio and television.
- Advises departments of potential problems and opportunities in public relations and marketing.
2. Coordinates and implements special programs and events:
- Develops marketing and advertising plans and related collateral material
- Assists with implementation of the community brand through collaboration with internal and external stakeholders/partners.
- Provides marketing counsel and support to departments in the promotion for special events, campaigns, services and programs.
3. Performs administrative functions associated with communications:
- Conducts research projects, assists with budget, reports, news clips, mailing lists, presentations, proclamations.
- Drafts letters, communications standard operating procedures and other correspondence.
- Assists with award nominations, speeches and talking points.
- Assists with intergovernmental relations activities and development of appropriations requests
4. Assists with a variety of electronic media and municipal broadcasting duties:
- Assists with maintaining, developing and updating the website and employee portal.
- Assists with social media programming and responding to the public through multiple platforms
- Assists with programming the Cable Channels, video projects and photography.
5. Provides key support for emergency operations:
- Serves as a key member of the public communications team during emergencies and maintains an on-call status for response to client and department emergencies, as needed.
- Drafts and maintains communications standard operating procedures in relation to emergency response
6. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (preferred degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Advertising, Mass Communication or an equivalent).
- Four (4) years’ experience including extensive experience in writing and marketing plan development; media relations; digital photography, videography, website design, social media platforms, and Adobe Creative Suite. Experience in developing and presenting oral and written presentations.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience with local, state and federal legislatures, officials and agencies is desired.
- Bilingual, Spanish
Apply online at prioritypersonnel.com