Priority Personnel is seeking a Buyer for a department at Texas State University. This employee is responsible for advanced purchasing and procurement activities utilizing Texas State's procurement guidelines, rules, policies, and state laws.
Pay rate: $17.50/hour
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri/8am-5pm
- Analyze prices and compare to open market and existing vendor contract pricing.
- Coordinate and review purchase requisitions/contracts and identify those needing RFPs, RFQs, or IFBs and work with various departments to complete solicitations if needed.
- Help with the distribution of purchase orders.
- Review purchase requisitions for accuracy and compliance.
- Knowledge of University rules and regulations related to purchasing.
- Resolve questions from internal customers, stakeholders and end-users in a professional and timely manner.
- Processing requisitions into purchase orders.
- Reviewing contracts.
- Participate in training programs for the University.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in purchasing with knowledge of Higher Education, State and Federal rules and regulations.
- Ability to create and analyze reports.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and retain information related to department and individual job duties.
- Ability to provide professional, accurate, and concise communication.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- State of Texas Purchasing Certification (CTP, CTPM, etc.) and other government, state, and university training as required within six months of hiring date.
Apply online at prioritypesonnel.com